Friday, May 3, 2013

Gluten Free All Purpose Flour

For many of my gluten free recipes I use an all purpose flour mixture. I found the measurements from the King Arthur Flour site, although I use Bob's Red Mill products and it comes out great too.

6 cups brown rice flour
2 cups potato starch
1 cup tapioca starch

Whisk all ingredients together and store in an airtight container.

This all purpose flour is used to make pizza and muffins, so it is good to have a batch made up and ready to go.

I find that gluten free flours and mixes can be very expensive in stores so I buy mine in bulk from Amazon.com. I have a Prime membership and it is worth every penny to get the free two day shipping. I have not really looked into how much the flours are direct from the BRM site, because Amazon's prices are so good and if shipped from elsewhere, I am sure it would be expensive. Flour is heavy after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment